This year because of COVID-19 we have had to change the way in which we operate our flu clinics. The team have been extremely busy trying to plan our clinics to ensure the safety of everyone; we have therefore decided to hold our flu clinics at Withington Community Hospital.
This year’s location has been chosen to ensure social distancing measures can be followed in accordance to government guidelines, whilst at the same time dealing with the increased numbers of people we have to vaccinate.
Address: Withington Community Hospital Address:
Car Park: Withington Community Hospital Car Park will be free of charge during the flu clinics.
Getting to Withington community Hospital: www.mft.nhs.uk – Getting Here
All flu vaccinations will have to be pre-booked, no walk in appointments will be available.
You will be able to pre-book your appointment from 14th September. The practice will send you regular text reminders.
Withington Community Hospital Clinics
- Saturday 3rd October 2 to 3 year olds only
- Saturday 10th October Over 65 only
- Saturday 17th October under 65 only
Patients who are truly housebound can book on a home visiting list. We will contact you to let you know when we will be visiting.
Due to the increased amount of home visits, we ask that access to the property is made easy and patients are ready to be vaccinated to reduce time and risk for both the patient and clinician.
The practice will be arranging flu vaccinations for all of their patients in care homes.
All staff will be wearing PPE to protect you and them.
Face coverings will be required to be worn by all patients receiving a flu vaccination.
Attending a flu vaccination appointment
- If you have an appointment at the surgery, please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment. This is to ensure that we adhere to strict social distancing laws and have time to clean down properly between each patient.
- Please think about what you should wear, we need to get to the top of your arm. Our GPs and nurses suggest wearing a t-shirt/top with short sleeves.
- Please be ready with your arm exposed so we can immunise you as speedily as possible.
- Attend alone or with only 1 carer/parent if you are unable to attend alone.
If you are unwell and have any signs of COVID-19 such as a fever and/or a persistent cough – do not attend, we can re-book your appointment at a later date.
By working together we will try to help as many patients as possible alongside keeping everyone safe during the pandemic.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation,
Dr Whitaker, Dr Baxter & Dr Ashworth